Monday, October 1, 2007

Proven Wrong...In A Good Way

Yes folks, I was proven wrong and called out on it...twice. Steely McDonati in his "What an awful football weekend" post and E, in comments on Donati's post, have pointed out that I said the Phillies wouldn't make the playoffs. Boy was I wrong. Do I care? Not at all. I'd much rather look like an idiot and have my team in the playoffs than be right and watching other teams in the Fall Classic. The post E refers to will not be found on this site. It was posted on Sports Fountainhead's old home. But for reference and the chance for everyone to make fun of me, here it is:

"Can the Phillies make the playoffs? Absolutely. Will they? I'm saying it now, NO. Quote me. I don't care. They do not have the starting or relief pitching, unless Cole Hamels goes 1900 on us and pitches every game."

-- Me on June 11th, 2007

Oops.

No comments: