Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Sports Fountainhead History

  • June 7th, 2007 - Site created as www.sportsfountainhead.com. My ambitious sports site lasted a whole two months until I figured out I can't compete with ESPN. For two months my correspondents emailed me their posts and I uploaded them to the main site. After two months I decided having a direct link did not matter. This lead me to...
  • August 9th, 2007 - Move to Google's Blogger platform. It provided exactly what I needed: the ability to update the site from any computer and for the other writers to post at their own pace. We have been on Blogger ever since.
  • September 25th, 2007 - The influx of new writers - Steely McDonati & TAS - in August lead to fast-paced posting. We reached 100 posts on Blogger within two months. The 100th post was written by TAS and it was a Pac-10 college football breakdown.
  • November 30th, 2007 - Just two months later my crew had reached 250 posts. This time I made a special not of the milestone and ccreated a post highlighting my favorite pieces we had written.
  • June 24th, 2008 - Less than a full year after porting our content to Blogger we reached the 500 post milestone. This time around I thanked you, the readers, and highlighted what was to come for the fall.
  • December 18th, 2009 - I hope the site reaches 1,000 posts by this day (which also happens to be my 25th birthday).

No comments: