Sunday, April 27, 2008

Well, well, well...

I'd first like to state that the NFL is stupid. Dan Connor still available after 2 rounds? This dude is easily first round talent. Wake up.

That being said, I'd like to state that Justin King is in fact a ginormous idiot. Over 3 months ago, I posted that he was an idiot for declaring. What the hell was Kiper Jr. saying he could go late 1st round? I'm glad he proved me correct. Again, I don't wish him any ill will, I'm just glad he's learning his lesson. Declaring for the draft was the dumbest thing he could have done. Juniors declare for the draft because they really can't improve their draft stock (ie Ray Rice of Rutgers) or if they really need money to support their family (though that seems to be more common in basketball). King had everything to improve and he declared anyway...and now he's paying the price. If he stuck around and refined his skills, he absolutely could have found his way into the 1st round. However, he's an arrogant one and thought that declaring early was a good idea. Well, it's a good idea if you like a few million dollars as opposed to about ten million dollars. King is a frekin idiot and I'm glad that he's paying the price. He never really did much for us at PSU anyway.

On another note, I'm really curious to see if someone takes a late 7th round flyer on Morelli. I'd seriously lol for days if somebody does. What did he get...a 5.1 40 at the combine? Seriously, his only redeeming aspect is he can heave the ball a decent length. His character is crap (I've heard stories that I'm sure scouts didn't hear), his accuracy is crap, and well...he's just crap.

Also, congrats to J Mays for his Dolphins takin' his boy Henne. Unfortunately (according to my friend), Henne didn't look as thrilled but I wish him the best...I typically dislike Wolverines but J Mays' love for him might have rubbed off on me a little bit.

I don't even really know what to make of the Jets' draft so far. I'm incredibly disappointed that McFadden didn't fall to us but realize Gholston could be a really good pick. Then again, Dwayne Robertson was supposed to be a good pick at #4 overall a few years back for us...oops...I understand Dustin Keller is a pretty solid TE...but I'm still bitter we didn't take J.J. Hardy. Frankly, I think it was a poor trade because we could have had Hardy at #37 and kept our other 4th round pick. I wanted this guy. Yes, he torched the overrated Justin King last year but he's 6'5! The Jets need that...bad...

No comments: