Friday, February 29, 2008

I like what I am seeing... or its the blind optimism...

Today the Eagles signed Asante Samuel. When I think about that a few things come to mind. My first reaction was actually a little bit of shock. I really was surprised to see the Eagles get involved in the Free Agency game so early. I think that is part of the reason I am excited to see this deal come around. I love that the Eagles are showing some aggressive action in trying to make the team better now, not for years from now. I know that I am in the minority in feeling that McNabb should be the Eagles QB. But I truly feel that if the Eagles are going to make any type of run towards the post season, it is going to be with Donovan, certainly not Kolb who has no experience at all. I think that the Eagles have one more good run left in this core group of players. Other fans are quick to point out that McNabb is the problem and then they go on to list a bunch of misleading supporting trash. Now I will agree that McNabb is not the sole reason for the Eagles successes over the past few years, but he certainly has played a huge role. When the Eagles signed Samuel today, I feel that it is a commitment to win. We need playmakers, on both sides of the ball. Whether or not Samuel is the best fit in Philly is beyond the point right now. Also, I like Jim Johnson's odds of turning a great CB into the perfect fit for our defense. I apologize that this post has been all over the place, but I came on here to say that as an Eagles fan, I am excited for the Samuel signing. If adding a great DB is not enough, the message that has been sent to the fans is that they are in it to win it this year, and that has me excited as well.

No comments: