Wednesday, February 6, 2008

New Life for Penn State in the Pryor Sweepstakes?

According to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Pryor will not make his college decision later today. In the article, it also says that Pryor will "probably make a visit to Penn State." Pryor's father said that the two exchanged their selections and that they did not match. His dad says he didn't pick Ohio State. It is purely a guessing game but it looks like Terrelle probably picked Ohio State while his dad almost certainly picked Penn State. I was wondering why he never dropped PSU off the list. I think it's safe to say that it is because of his father. Why else would he come to Penn State for yet another visit? Does this mean that Michigan is effectively off the list? The more I think about it, the more I think that he's a little afraid to commit to a program that's being completely revamped. Furthermore, his dad also claimed that playing early is not important for Pryor and that it might even be better that he sit back and learn the college game first (another strike against UM and pretty much confirmation that he picked PSU). If you asked me, after reading the article, I would say that Pryor's list reads:

1-Ohio State
2-Penn State
3-Michigan

I thought PSU's chances were slim and none but after this latest setback, there is reason for hope.

No comments: