Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Bowl: Who I Wanted to Win VS What Really Happened

The first Super Bowl I remember was #26, Redskins vs Bills, Buffalo's second consecutive trip (and second of four straight). I was thinking today, before the Colts and Saints march in to the record books, what happened in past Super Bowls, in regards to who I wanted to win and what the actual outcome was. Check the list below.

SUPER BOWL AFC CHAMP NFC CHAMP HOPED WOULD WIN ACTUAL CHAMP
XXVI Bills Redskins Redskins Redskins
XXVII Bills Cowboys Cowboys Cowboys
XXVIII Bills Cowboys Cowboys Cowboys
XXIX Chargers 49ers 49ers 49ers
XXX Steelers Cowboys Steelers Cowboys
XXXI Patriots Packers Patriots Packers
XXXII Broncos Packers Broncos Broncos
XXXIII Broncos Falcons Falcons Broncos
XXXIV Titans Rams Titans Rams
XXXV Ravens Giants Giants Ravens
XXXVI Patriots Rams Patriots Patriots
XXXVII Raiders Buccaneers Buccaneers Buccaneers
XXXVIII Patriots Panthers Panthers Patriots
XXXIX Patriots Eagles Patriots Patriots
XL Steelers Seahawks Steelers Steelers
XLI Colts Bears Bears Colts
XLII Patriots Giants Giants Giants
XLIII Steelers Cardinals Steelers Steelers
XLIV Colts Saints Saints ????????


So...

I'm 11-7, not too shabby. Of course there were some that I really didn't care, like XXX, XXXIII, XXXIV, XXXVI, and then this years. I'll be happy whether the Colts or Saints win.

Here's to a great Super Bowl XLIV!

And I can't wait to be at Super Bowl XLV a year from now! Yes, I am going. Exactly 10 years after I was at Super Bowl XXXV!

No comments: