Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The End

I think it's safe to say any remote hope of an NCAA tourney bid is out the window as Geary Claxton is reportedly out for the season with a busted up knee. I mean, losing to Wisconsin at home by 25 points didn't really help that remote hope either but now I think it's safe to say it's totally gone. Hopefully Geary can get lucky and appeal for a redshirt to cover this season because he'll even have trouble getting signed as an undrafted FA after this. Hopefully the team doesn't fall into a complete tailspin and holds onto its >.500 record so the NIT remains a possibility.

And is it just me or can you not read this Ed DeChellis quote with a straight face either?: "It's devastating for Geary. I went into halftime, and told him I loved him and hugged him." Yeah, he'll be fired after this season.

No comments: