Monday, May 25, 2009

2009 NFL Draft Grades: Recap

It took me the better part of a month but I finally completed my team-by-team draft grades on Friday, concluding with the Super Bowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers. Below you can see my final grade for each team as well as my picks for rookie of the year. I hope you enjoyed this feature because it won't be back for a year.

BEST DRAFTS
  1. Eagles
  2. Bears
  3. Giants
  4. Seahawks
  5. Packers
Just missed: Bengals, Cardinals

WORST DRAFTS
  1. Raiders
  2. Broncos
  3. Chiefs
  4. Cowboys
  5. Buccaneers
Just missed: Redskins, Texans

Rookie of the Year Candidates - Offense
  1. Knowshon Moreno, RB, Broncos
  2. Chris Wells, RB, Cardinals
  3. Jeremy Maclin, WR, Eagles
  4. Michael Crabtree, WR, 49ers
  5. Matthew Stafford, QB, Lions
Just missed: Mark Sanchez, Shonn Greene

Rookie of the Year Candidates - Defense
  1. B.J. Raji, DT, Packers
  2. Vontae Davis, CB, Dolphins
  3. Brian Cushing, LB, Texans
  4. Brian Orakpo, DE, Redskins
  5. Aaron Curry, LB, Seahawks
Just missed: Peria Jerry, Rey Maualuga

So that's that, the 2009 NFL draft is wrapped up. I hope you enjoyed the coverage here. Please voice your thoughts and opinions in the comments section.

No comments: