Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Lee, Clark Named Co-Captains for 2009

From the Penn State Official Athletic Site:

UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. - A pair of Penn State standouts, quarterback Daryll Clark and linebacker Sean Lee, have been elected co-captains of the 2009 Penn State football team.

Clark, from Youngstown, Ohio, and Lee were elected by their teammates at the end of the spring semester, following completion of spring practice. The first summer academic session began on Monday on the University Park campus.

A Pittsburgh product, Lee served as an honorary captain in 2008. He suffered a serious knee injury 13 months again that kept him off the field until this spring.

"I'm honored to be elected a captain," commented Clark, who was selected first team All-Big Ten in 2008. "I feel like everyone looks to me, but I wanted my teammates to vote for me because they see that I'm working hard and trying to get everyone on the same page of what we have to do to in our plan to win football games."

"It's a great honor," stated Lee, who earned all-conference accolades in 2007. "I'm honored to be following the great captains and leadership we have had in the past.

Daryll and I both feel there is a very good leadership within the entire squad right now and that makes it easier for us to keep everyone moving in the same direction."

This was a no-brainer by the team. Clark had been showing the signs of a leader, something kind of expected from a QB. Lee was basically a coach last year and served as an honorary captain. He is the unquestionable leader of the defense. Easy choices by the 2009 squad.

No comments: