Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Celtics Win 17th NBA Championship

So the Celtics capped a worst-to-first turnaround this year when they crushed the Lakers Tuesday night in Boston to earn their 17th NBA Championship. Yeah, that's a lot. Congratulations to Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Ray Allen et al.

The one thing that bothers me about this championship season is, once again, bandwagon and fake fans. How many Celtics hats and jerseys will I see in Indiana the rest of the summer? Or when I return home to PA? It's gotten out of hand. People think I pick on Boston fans but even some of them agree (ya know, the ones that actually have liked the Boston teams for the last 15+ years) that these new "die hard" fans create an image problem. And at any time you start comparing Boston to New York, Massholes cringe. Hate to tell you but Boston fans are worse than most Yankee fans now (not you, E).

Back to the Celtics. There was a quote on the front page of ESPN today that I think I can manipulate to echo the sentiment of Boston fans (when their team is good):

Now just replace "two" with "one", make "words" singular, and change Paul Pierce to "bandwagon". That should do it.

No comments: