Sunday, February 1, 2009

Steelers Earn 6th Lombardi Trophy in Dramatic Fashion

Congratulations to the Pittsburgh Steelers, winners of Super Bowl XLIII. The game - much like the other two that have involved Kurt Warner - was one for the ages. I was damn close with my predicted score of 27-21 Steelers (real score: 27-23 Steelers, damn you safety!).

The Phillies win the World Series and now the Steelers win the Super Bowl. Al we need is a Flyers Stanley Cup Championship and the state is set!

Again, congrats to the Steelers on their 6th Super Bowl Championship!

UPDATE: Until Larry Fitzgerald's and Santonio Holmes' 4th quarter showcase, I think I was pretty close to nailing the MVP. James Harrison would have taken home the hardware. I had said a Steelers defender would win it and had chosen LaMarr Woodley. Woodley, consequently, had 2 sacks and a fumble recovery. Flip sides on that INT and I would have been damn close to picking the MVP. Toot toot.

No comments: