Friday, March 6, 2009

Mock Draft Update - 3/6/2009


My 2009 NFL Mock Draft
Version 4 is here and, I must say, I am much more comfortable with this one. There were only two or three teams I really was hesitant on instead of five or six from a week ago. That's what free agency will do for you! Back for the second week is the list of my picks from the previous version as well as some commentary. I'm trying something a little different this week. I have a link to a PDF of my mock because I received word that it is very hard to read in picture format.

If you have any other feedback please do not hesitate to leave comments.

**MOCK AVAILABLE HERE**
(click for PDF)

Above you can download and view a PDF of my COMPLETE 4th mock draft for 2009. Next week I shall introduce a second round! Below is the condensed version containing just the mock; no previous pick, will also consider, or commentary. Just the picks. Again, download the PDF for more in depth analysis!

RD.

PICK

TEAM

PLAYER

POS.

COLLEGE

1

1

Lions

Eugene Monroe

OT

Virginia

1

2

Rams

Jason Smith

OT

Baylor

1

3

Chiefs

Aaron Curry

ILB/OLB

Wake Forest

1

4

Seahawks

Matthew Stafford

QB

Georgia

1

5

Browns

Everrette Brown

DE/OLB

Florida State

1

6

Bengals

Michael Oher

OT

Ole Miss

1

7

Raiders

Michael Crabtree

WR

Texas Tech

1

8

Jaguars

Vontae Davis

CB

Illinois

1

9

Packers

B.J. Raji

DT

Boston College

1

10

49ers

Brian Orakpo

DE/OLB

Texas

1

11

Bills

Brian Cushing

ILB/OLB

USC

1

12

Broncos

Rey Maualuga

ILB

USC

1

13

Redskins

Andre Smith

OT

Alabama

1

14

Saints

Malcolm Jenkins

CB

Ohio State

1

15

Texans

Alphonso Smith

CB

Wake Forest

1

16

Chargers

Chris Wells

RB

Ohio State

1

17

Jets

Tyson Jackson

DE

LSU

1

18

Bears

Darrius Heyward-Bey

WR

Maryland

1

19

Buccaneers

Jeremy Maclin

WR

Missouri

1

20

Lions

James Laurinaitis

ILB

Ohio State

1

21

Eagles

Eben Britton

OT

Arizona

1

22

Vikings

William Beatty

OT

Connecticut

1

23

Patriots

Clay Matthews

DE/OLB

USC

1

24

Falcons

Brandon Pettigrew

TE

Oklahoma State

1

25

Dolphins

Clint Sintim

OLB

Virginia

1

26

Ravens

Larry English

DE/OLB

Northern Illinois

1

27

Colts

Peria Jerry

DT

Ole Miss

1

28

Eagles

Knowshon Moreno

RB

Georgia

1

29

Giants

Kenny Britt

WR

Rutgers

1

30

Titans

Evander Hood

DT/DE

Missouri

1

31

Cardinals

LeSean McCoy

RB

Pittsburgh

1

32

Steelers

Alex Mack

OC

California


MOCK COMPARISONS
Status quo for the comparisons question. Only the usual suspects updated - Draft Tek, Walter, and The Football Expert. Two new players made the mocks this week, both from Connecticut (RB Donald Brown and CB Darius Butler).

Click to enlarge comparisons for 3/6/2009.

Because of my commitments for the evening I cannot do my prospect updates section. I will try to add a post about that tomorrow. However, the average draft position report will be up sometime this evening.

Again, please leave comments so I can continue to improve! Thanks!

No comments: