Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Somebody Wake Me Up

Am I dreaming? Is this for real?



It is for real. Because I watched it happen. Live. But it is still hard to grasp. I even wrote that this could happen. I read numerous articles on ESPN and from Miami newspapers that the Dolphins wanted Henne. I didn't believe it. I convinced myself it was a smokescreen. I guess not.

How sweet is this? I actually know a Miami Dolphin. I KNOW A MIAMI DOLPHIN. No I haven't talked to him in almost 4 years but still. I played football with him. I blocked for him. And now he plays for arguably my favorite team in any sport. I GET TO BUY HIS JERSEY AND IT WILL BE ORANGE AND TEAL.

The best part about this? He could prove to be a Miami savior. The Dolphins have tried to find a QB since Dan Marino retired after the 1999 season. They have tried 12 - yes, 12 - different QBs in the eight seasons since he retired. Henne could be lucky number 13 (same number as Marino and, obviously, he's from PA like Marino). I'm not saying he will become the greatest QB ever. But he has the tools to be good and get the Dolphins back to respectability. It would not surprise me at all if Chad won the job this summer and started the season opener. Wouldn't surprise me one bit. Why? Well he started as a freshman in high school. He started as a freshman in college. He can definitely start as a rookie in the NFL. And he will improve. He will.

Welcome to Miami, Chad. I am glad you are here. Even if it's still hard to believe.

No comments: