Friday, January 8, 2010

Vote for the Best FBS National Championship Game of All-Time

USA Today is running a poll to determine which was the best game ever to decide an FBS "National Championship" (arbitrary, since the NCAA doesn't recognize a true champion at that level). Anyway, head on over and vote for Penn State (in the 1983 Sugar Bowl or the 1987 Fiesta Bowl). My choice was obvious, even though I was barely two years old when it occurred. I've read so much about it and seen so many highlights that it's engraved in my memory. Plus, it is definitely one of college football's greatest games. And look! Many others around the nation agree with me...

Click to enlarge.

So go on and vote!

On a related note, read this awesome article about said game. The best thing ESPN.com has ever put out. By far.

Originally published on December 27, 2006.

No comments: