Thursday, October 4, 2007

Ohlendorf??

I must admit, I haven't been following the Yankees too closely through the past month but when they brought in some guy named Ross Ohlendorf to relieve the utterly ineffective Chien-Ming Wang, I thought I was watching a soccer substitution in a game with Bayern Munich and Hanover 96. While he came in and didn't totally implode in relief, he did give up an ER while letting a few more of Wang's batters LOB cross the plate. I don't know where Torre is getting off pitching a guy who has 6 career MLB appearances in a tough spot, on the road, in the playoffs. You have no idea how he'll react and unfortunately in this case, it wasn't too well. If anything, at least the Yanks worked the heck out of Sabathia so the Indians have to dip into their pen early too. A 6 run comeback for this lineup is certainly doable.

1 comment:

Steely McDonati said...

Two words: Francisco Rodriguez.