Sunday, October 7, 2007

Buy or Sell verification update

Updating my "buy or sell" tally...

Texas Longhorns (4-2)
What did I say? Sell.
Already chalked that one up last week, but the Sooners helped solidify my pick.

Arizona State (6-0)
What did I say? Buy.
Barely got by Wazzu to make it six straight. The Huskies and Golden Bears are next.
Verdict: Holding out.

Clemson (4-2)
What did I say? Sell.
Clemson loses in a game of Beamer Ball to solidify what I said about the Tigers back when.

Kentucky (5-1)
What did I say? Buy.
I said Kentucky would have to post a 2-1 record against Spurrier, Miles, and Meyer to confirm my "buy" pick. They start the stretch 0-1. I also said UK-Florida would be the determining factor in the SEC East race. Oops.
Verdict: Leaning towards a miscue here.

Cincinnati (6-0)
What did I say? Sell.
Curses! The Bearcats hung with Rutgers and ran away from Piscataway with a win for my first missed pick.
Verdict: Incorrect, sir.

Wisconsin (5-1)
What did I say? Sell.
I rebound with a "sell" pick on the Badgers, who fell on the road to the Illini. PSU and OSU still wait in the wings.
Verdict: I'll give myself credit for this one for now, unless they come back and sweep the Lions and Buckeyes.

Missouri (5-0)
What did I say? Buy.
Bing bing! The Tigers destroyed the Huskers at home and now have the inside track in the Big 12 North.
Verdict: Another in my favor.

South Florida (5-0)
What did I say? Buy.
Shaky against FAU, but still the Big East favorites with Cincinnati.

Purdue (5-1)
What did I say? Sell.
Joe Tiller folds in a marquee game? Who woulda thunk?
Verdict: Ding ding!

Kansas (5-0)
What did I say? Sell.
Uhm, oops?
Verdict: Screeeeeeeeeeeeeeech. Crash. Burn.

Connecticut (5-0)
What did I say? Sell.
My bad, Virginia took on Middle Tennessee this week. The Huskies were off and will play at Virginia next week.
Verdict: Waiting on UConn-UVA.

Michigan State (4-2)
What did I say? Buy.
Well, they won't be 6-1 rolling into Columbus thanks to a win in OT by Northwestern.
Verdict: Another crash and burn.

So I go from 3-0 last week to 6-3, with 3 teams still in limbo (Arizona State, Kentucky, and Connecticut). Leaning towards a missed pick on UK, though. We'll know by next week. I'd be more than happy with 8-4 for my first go around, just like Joe Paterno would be.

No comments: