Friday, September 7, 2007

I-AA's in the AP poll

The AP poll has recently announced that they will allow I-AA (yes, they're called I-AA and only I-AA...) teams into their college football polls. While it sounds really cool on the surface, I believe it is knee-jerk reaction to the ASU v. UM debacle last weekend. When it comes right down to it, no I-AA team should ever legitimately enter that poll unless they can beat at least a few I-A teams. Seeing a team like Appalachian State ranked #25 would no doubt be neat to see, but do you really think that they are capable of beating all other 95 I-A teams? People are just trumpeting up ASU to the max and this is a result of it. I have teetered back on forth on whether or not they would be worthy of a ranking and ultimately decided against it for those aforementioned reasons. But hey, if they go undefeated this year, maybe, just maybe I'll consider ranking them in the final poll.

No comments: