Monday, September 24, 2007

There's a reason why they retired those

Since people seem to have an aversion about talking about the Eagles around here (hey, at least I don't berate the Steelers), let's get some Philly talk in here. But it's not all well and good in the City of Brotherly Love. In fact, it's downright ugly.


"AHH! My eyes! I'm blind!"

Yes, the Eagles kicked around the Lions yesterday at the Linc, but they did so wearing these -- throwback uniforms from the teams first season in 1933. Now, I don't want to say they're hideous, but I'm sure these things even made Oregon football players say, "My God, those things are ugly!"

These get-ups caused such a stir that Keith Olbermann went on to declare the person(s) that decided to dress the Eagles in these Dayglo nightmares the "Worst Person(s) in the NFL" this week during halftime of the Cowboys-Bears Sunday Night Football game on NBC. Now, I tend to disagree with Olbermann's politics, but I found it hard not to chuckle a bit watching his halftime segment in which he calls the uniforms "a canary mating with a bluebird".

Photo credit goes to the Philadelphia Eagles official site.

No comments: